The Department of Informatics organizes summer schools in the three focus fields Information Systems, Software Systems, and Multimodal and Cognitive Systems. In this summer schools the doctoral students can earn ECTS credits for their degrees. The summer schools focus on two goals:
- Courses on research methodologies teach the doctoral students the basics of scientific work. The courses cover topics such as to conduct a literature survey, to formulate a doctoral proposal, to read, write and review scientific papers, and to evaluate research ideas.
- Invited speakers will provide the doctoral students with deep insights into the state of the art in their field of research.
- IFI Summer School 2014 (June 23 to 27, 2014) (Details to follow)
- 2013 IFI Summer School (June 24 to 28, 2013)
- 2012 IFI Summer School(June 25 to 29, 2012)
- ifi Summer School 2011 on Interaction, Visualization and Ubiquitous Computing(July 4 to 8, 2011)
- 4th International Summer School on Network and Service Management (June 21-25, 2010)
- Multimedia and Robotics Summer School 2010 (June 28 to July 2, 2010)
- Managing and Doing Design Research (June 1-2, 2010)